Sunday, March 20, 2005

A customer with a heart of gold

From the "should have been named a saint catagory" comes this story in related in Tom Seitsema's weekly restaurant review in the Washington post:

After a restaurateur complained via my online discussion about customers expecting too much compensation when things go wrong, I received an e-mail from Bonni Cellini, who wanted to remind the industry that "there are decent people out there" as well. The Washington reader wrote: "My father owned a restaurant which caught on fire and burned to the ground right in the middle of the dinner rush. Thankfully everyone got out okay and in time, including my dad. A year later the restaurant was completely rebuilt. On the third night it had reopened a man walked up to my dad and handed him an envelope, leaned in and said, 'I was in your restaurant the night it burned down a year ago. My family and I had just finished dinner when the fire started. I never paid for dinner. Here is the money I owe you.'" Cellini added, "Of course my dad tried to refuse, but the man insisted." Both parties sound like they should have been cloned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Plantation said...

Cool story. I'm glad there *are* decent people left in this world.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Sounds like something my dad would do. I love hearing about people of character and I'm glad I found your site today!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home