Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Bloggers Block

So here i am, probably at the same position many of you bloggers have been in: I'm staring at an empty posting screen, thinking of something to write. So perhaps just this once I can use writer's block as a topic to write about.
It seems amazing to me now, that the people that write columns for a living, must stare at a blank screen much more often than I do. Of course, they have a bit more accesss to sources, and are usually talking to others about news, politics, romance, Tom Cruise, and reality tv in their newsrooms, but so what? I talk about similar topics in my workplace as well. The exception of course is that they don't pay me for it. They should though. Today, we had a deep and involved conversation at lunch today about the available "documentaries" at the local video store.
But it amazes me that some writers can come up with coherent, intelligent, and even eloquent columns two or three days a week. This blog is my first attempt at writing something on a regular basis, and I realize these aren't the most riveting posts. I can't even do them regularly!!!
Oh well, I suppose this is one of those things that improves with practice (on can only hope).
Anyway, have a happy day, and I'll write to you soon faithful readers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

You dork :) I don't think your posts are as dull as mine :) By the way, there is a great little book called, "The Writers Block". Want me to lend it to ya ;)

Happy Day,

Tam

12:50 PM  
Blogger Plantation said...

Dude, didn't you say you were a weatherman? To me, that's a fascinating subject. Everyone's curious about the weather.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home